From time to time the Northwoods Children's Museum needs help creating fun and exciting adventures for families in our community. While the Northwoods Children's Museum team is small, opportunities do open up for new team members. If you are creative, organized, and have great communication skills, the Northwoods Children's Museum may be for you. We take applications year-round and save them for the next job opening. All current openings are posted below.
Current Job Openings
We are looking for an individual who is outgoing, passionate, and hardworking with excellent customer service skills to engage with families that attend the museum.
• Greet and assist with checking families into the museum.
• Run the front desk register. Duties include but are not limited to collecting admission fees and selling memberships and merchandise.
• Answer museum phone calls.
• Assist with keeping the museum and exhibits in the best possible condition. This will require creativity, and light maintenance and cleaning.
• Grow positive awareness of the organization and strengthen its reputation with clients, donors, and the communities it serves.
• Assist with programs and daily operations as directed.
• Assist with improving and developing program activities and daily operations.
• Ensure proper implementation of programs and daily operations.
• Ensure that all program supplies and materials are available when needed.
• Assist with the set up and clean-up of supplies/materials for programs and activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
• 1 year of Customer Service Experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite - preferred
• Experience with Google Calendars - preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and multitask
Job Type: Part Time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
8-hour shifts (20-32 hours Per Week)
Monday – Friday and every other Saturday
The Northwoods Children’s Museum is a non-profit organization. Our mission is to enrich lives, support families, and encourage a love of learning though interactive play.